The credit and collection accountants apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
The Credit and Collection Accountants must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The credit and collection accountants prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- They compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- They establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- They analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
- They monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- They prepare and review budget, credits, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- They analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- They explain billing invoices, credit details, and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- They resolve accounting discrepancies.
- They recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- They supervise the input and handle financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- They interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- They develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
- They provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
Tell us about your experience as a Credit And Collection Accountant . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.