The sales associates are responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
They are responsible for sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. They implement agreed upon marketing plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. They work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
The Sales Associates must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The sales associates ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- They maintain accurate records of sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- They adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- They participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- They maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- They assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- They assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- They aid customers in locating merchandise.
- They communicate customer requests to management.
- They assist in completing price changes within the department.
- They participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- They assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
Work Related Expectations:
- The sales associates must be able to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- They must communicate with associates and customers.
- They should read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- They must be able to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions necessary.
Tell us about your experience as a Sales Associate . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.