Help Desk Technician is in use by industries to tackle all client and problems in reference to the information technology and troubleshooting mechanisms of a product or service provided by the unit.
In a number of cases the Help Desk Technician services internal clients, responsible for data and hands on support for workers with technology and equipment problems. The Help Desk Technician may work in an Information Technology division and preserve communication channels with partners and internal/external customers over the phone, email or through on-site visits. Help Desk employees are the most important service contact for on hand customers who have concerns and troubleshooting problems.
The Help Desk Technician must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The Help Desk Technician is liable for upholding a professional relationship with internal and external clients by taking charge product and service troubleshooting whereas cultivating about the features and benefits of the goods. The Help Desk Technician Specialist uses data banks and proprietary resolution methods to determine a customer’s technical issue in an opportune and cost-effective method that doesn’t involve product/part substitution or service termination.
- The Help Desk Technician works hand in hand Customer Support as part of the Information Technology division, as part of the decision and focus experts group. They are in charge for maintaining customer relationships through Technical Support.
Skills that Help Desk Technician should posses:
- The Help Desk Technician should have outstanding infrastructure expertise in technical services and should have the training background to service the definite line of business. Help Desk Technicians are mostly required to have Associate or Bachelors degree in Information Technology or a Computer Science and relevant courses.
- The Help Desk Technician receive training in information management, use of troubleshooting and technology knowledge base usage to help clientele in the proper diagnosis of the root cause of technical problems, while recommending an accurate resolution.
Work Related Expectations:
- A Help Desk Technician is expected make use of effective disciplines in client transactions and information technology with awareness in the application of computer software and approved troubleshooting for problem solving in technology and equipment.
- The Help Desk Technician must have the drive to excel in a prompt and vibrant setting while functioning as a team constituent, aligning professional objectives with division objectives and process goals.
Tell us about your experience as a Help Desk Technician . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.