The CEO or otherwise known as Chief Executive Officer has various important duties in a nonprofit organization. Read on for the job description of a non-profit CEO.
What is a non-profit CEO?
A non-profit CEO (chief executive officer) is a person who is responsible in doing public relations, managing the organization and promoting various fundraising activities that may contribute to the organization.
Duties of a non-profit CEO
- The CEO (chief executive officer) in a non-profit organization maintains an open communication to the organization’s board of directors, report any significant information and conduct and support the administration for their board.
- Non-profit CEOs should informing inform their board members regarding any changes or the organization’s current status and advising other members on the most preferred resolutions and strategies to meet their goals and objectives.
- The CEO in a non-profit organization manages and oversees various organizational projects and programs that are implemented. CEOs are also in-charge about budget recommendation to their board members annually and make sure that the organization’s staff abides to the budget that is approved by the board members. CEOs generally manage human resources.
- A non-profit CEO must also make sure and should maintain positive and ideal image to the public about the non-profit organization.
- An intense reputation plays a crucial role in order to properly maintain and manage individuals as well as businesses that contribute positively to their organization.
- Non-profit CEOs are also responsible in overseeing the fundraising activities for their organization which includes planning appropriate strategies as well as implementation of various regulations and strategies. More specifically, the job requires knowing the organization’s financial needs, submitting donor proposal and taking good care of the organization’s fundraising records.
Conditions of Work
A CEO in a non-profit organization usually performs their tasks in their office. A good analytical skills and communication skill is important in this kind of job as they deal with different people especially in implementing fundraising activities.
In order to become a non-profit organization CEO, a degree in business management, finance, communication, service delivery and any other related course is essential. A sound knowledge human resource management is also required as they deal with policies, procedures and personnel in a non- profit organization.
Occupation and Progress
Becoming a CEO in a non-profit organization is known by many as a good-paying job. CEOs usually earn about $40,000 to $80,000 per annum. Salaries may also increase as CEOs earn more work experience.
Tell us about your experience as a Non Profit CEO . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.