Many jewelry enthusiasts and jewelry users want the finest and most exquisite design and quality for their jewelry. A jewelry’s uniqueness and distinctive qualities make it very special. That is why many customers search for the best in a shop. Because of this increasing demand, you may want to consider being a jewelry designer.
Interested to give people the prettiest and awesome jewelries? Then let us venture the nature of this job.
What is a Jewelry Designer?
A jewelry designer is someone who designs and creates a jewelry. Jewelry designers may either design the jewelry in blueprints or solder them using equipment.
Duties of a Jewelry Designer
- A jewelry designer is responsible for taking up requests from customers if they want to purchase personalized jewelries. The jewelry designer will sketch the desired design and solder it to make the jewelry. Some jewelry designers that sketch pass the soldering to other jewelry designers.
- A jewelry designer has the duty of making models by using wax or any shaping metal to have a representation of the jewelry. If the model is perfect, then the designer will put his actions to the real gems or materials to be used for the jewelry.
- A jewelry designer is also requested to engrave special designs like names in a jewelry.
- Jewelry designers are also responsible for cutting the gem or material to the desired size and shape and polish it for finishing touches.
- Also, jewelry designers use the computer for easier simplifying of the design.
Work Conditon of a Jewelry Designer
- A jewelry designer’s work condition depends on his specialization. If he specializes in designing jewelry using computer-aided design, then he will spend most of his hours in an office an in front of a computer. If he specializes in molding, cutting or polishing, he will be assigned in a place where equipment is his best buddy.
- A jewelry designer will be often disturbed in his workroom if there are special requests or instructions for the jewelry.
Educational Requirements of a Jewelry Designer
- If one is aspiring to be a jewelry designer, he or she should finish a course in Arts or any related field. One can also enrol in schools that offer a course in Jewelry Making.
- Employers nowadays prefer candidates that took up or have knowledge in CAD.
Occupation and Progress of a Jewelry Designer
Jewelry designers work for a jewelry shop or establishment. Some jewelry designers build their own business and hire other designers. If one wants to progress in this job, he or she should put a lot of time to build a larger practice in the field.
Although some believe that one will be successful easier if one builds his own business. What these people do not know is that success does not depend if you have your own business or not. It comes to people who commit their selves to the job and loving it. With the rapid increase in demand for jewelry, the employment outlook for jewelry designers are great. So, if you want to mold success with your own hands, start now by choose this amazing career.
Tell us about your experience as a Jewelry Designer
. How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.