As a hospital food preparer, you are expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Cleaning the food preparation area and the equipments like utensils and dishes.
- Prevent food spoilage by proper food storage.
- Able to prepare different kinds of foods according to the orders from the administration or/and the customers/patients following the approved cooking procedures.
- The foods are either partition, wrap or place directly on plates to be served to the patients.
- Put the food trays in over the food warmers for urgent service as well as proper refrigerated storage.
- Tell the supervisor that the food supplies are low as well as malfunctioning equipments.
- Able to properly weigh and measure ingredients according to the approved procedures.
- Aid the cooks and other kitchen staffs in their duties as needed.
- Wash, slice, cut or peel foods that are used for cooking as well as serving.
- Accept as well as store the supplies of food and the equipments like utensils in their appropriate storage.
- Store cupboards and refrigerators and have a propensity in salad bars and buffet meals.
- Prepare different kinds of beverages like coffee, tea and cola.
- Bring the food supplies and needed utensils from storage area to the kitchen and vice versa.
- Distribute the foods to the servers.
- Always have records of all the food items used and their quantities.
- Give out menus to the hospitals and then gather diet sheets. Bring the foods to the nursing units or even straight to the patients.
Tell us about your experience as a Hospital Food Preparer . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.