The nurse anesthesiologists are often required for doctors’, dentists’, and head nurses’ assistance during an operation procedure. They are involved with many duties and responsibilities including patient care, working with doctor and nurse teams, and adhering to safety and health guidelines at all times.
They work with patients from pre-surgery to post-surgery in a variety of setting; ensure that all tests have been administered correctly, and that patients receive enough anesthesias to get them through the procedure without pain.
The Nurse Anesthesiologists must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The nurse anesthesiologists prepare anesthesia with preoperative assessment of the patient.
- They conduct tests and verify patient health information.
- They determine the appropriate level of anesthesia to last through the procedure and help with recovery.
- They calm patients before surgery.
- They work with a team of anesthesiologists and supervisors.
- They work under pressure with ease.
- They provide reports and relevant data to doctor and nurses involved with the procedure.
- The entire educational track to become a nurse anesthesiologist involves four years of college, four years of medical school, and four years of residency training.
- The nurse anesthesiologist must earn a registered nurses license in order to work in the operating room or other medical facility.
- The typical nursing program takes 2-3 years to complete, and online options are available for accelerated studies.
- The educational background in the medical or health field is required, and high school and college work with a concentration in biology, chemistry, and health science is recommended.
- Nurse anesthesiologists in training also enroll in internship and residency training programs where they work 12-hour and 24-hour day cycles to gain experience in a real-world setting.
- Nurse anesthesiologists must be licensed and receives certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA).
Degrees and Training to Become a Nurse Anesthesiologist
Tell us about your experience as a Nurse Anesthesiologist . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.