A Loading Machine Operator operates underground loading machines to load coal, ore, or rock into shuttle or mine cars or onto conveyors.
The loading equipment used by the Loading Machine Operator may include power shovels, hoisting engines equipped with cable-drawn scraper or scoop, or machines equipped with gathering arms and conveyor.
The tasks that are required by a Loading Machine Operator:
- The Loading Machine Operator operates levers to move conveyor boom or shovel to move mine contents into car or onto conveyor.
- The Loading Machine Operator advances machines to gather material and convey it into car at the rear.
- The Loading Machine Operator stops gathering arms when car is full.
- The Loading Machine Operator drives machine into pile of material blasted from working face.
- The Loading Machine Operator pries off loose material from roof and moves it into path of machine with crowbar.
- The Loading Machine Operator moves trailing electrical cable clear of obstructions, using rubber safety gloves.
- The Loading Machine Operator starts conveyor boom and gathering-arm motors.
The Loading Machine Operator needs the following knowledge:
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and other applications.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of weaponry, public safety, and security operations, rules, regulations , precautions, preventions, and protection of people, data, and property.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, and applications including air, water, material dynamics, light, atomic principles, heat, electric theory, earth formations, and meteorological and related natural phenomena.
- The Loading Machine Operator must have knowledge of numbers, their operations, and interrelationships including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge pertaining to telecommunications such as transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of principles and methods for moving or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including their relative costs, advantages, and limitations.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of the composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of various methods for describing the location and distribution of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical locations, relationships, and characteristics.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination, and execution This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct objects, structures, and buildings.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of electric circuit boards, processors, chips, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing systems, filing and records management systems, stenography and transcription, forms design principles, and other office procedures and terminology.
Skills required for a Loading Machine Operator
- The Loading Machine Operator needs the ability to control operations of equipment or systems.
- The Loading Machine Operator needs the skill to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- The Loading Machine Operator watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- The Loading Machine Operator must perform routine maintenance and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed. He must also determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job. Also he must be able to identify the things that must be changed to achieve a goal.
Tell us about your experience as a Loading Machine Operator . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.