The Wellhead Pumpers job is to operate power pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field.
Tasks for Wellhead Pumpers
- The Wellhead Pumper monitor panels during pumping operations in order to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
- The Wellhead Pumper operates engines and pumps in order to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- The Wellhead Pumper performs routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- The Wellhead Pumper repairs gas and oil meters and gauges.
- The Wellhead Pumper unloads and assembles pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools.
- The Wellhead Pumper attaches pumps and hoses to wellheads.
- The Wellhead Pumper starts compressor engines, and diverts oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment in order to recover natural gas from oil.
- The Wellhead Pumper opens valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells in order to depressurize them and force oil to surface.
- The Wellhead Pumper supervises oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil wells.
- The Wellhead Pumper drives trucks in order to transport high-pressure pumping equipment, and chemicals, fluids, or gases to be pumped into wells.
The Wellhead Pumper must have knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance. The Wellhead Pumper must have knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications. The Wellhead Pumper must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Skills for Wellhead Pumpers
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the skill of watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the skill performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs skills in controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- The Wellhead Pumper determines the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job.
- The Wellhead Pumper uses mathematics to solve problems pertaining to the job function.
- The Wellhead Pumper understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
- The Wellhead Pumper must give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at in appropriate times.
- The Wellhead Pumper uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to coordinate two or more limbs for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm while sitting, standing or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to see details at close range within a few feet of the observer.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to quickly respond with the hand, finger or foot to a signal such as sound, light, and picture when it is necessary.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The Wellhead Pumper needs the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g. patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Tell us about your experience as a The Wellhead Pumpers . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.