Are you looking for a home to stay or a place for your business? The Leasing Agents can help you on that. They are expert on meeting your needs from the location, to the budget that you have. The Leasing Agents performs an essential function to the society. Most of people now lease or rent, they don’t buy properties for them to live or for their business to work.
Here are some information that might help you understand what leasing agents does for a living.
What is a Leasing Agent?
Leasing Agents are basically real estate agents for people who are leasing properties rather than buying them. This means they don’t have to make much off of each deal, but they have a lot more deals go down in a given space time. Leasing is a process by which you can rent or use a certain fixed assets by signing a contract promising to pay the fixed rate rental. The lessee is the receiver of the services or the assets under the lease contract and the lessor is the owner of the assets.
Duties of a Leasing Agent
- A Leasing Agent must greet the customers, provide them with such information they need and showing them the properties or units that are available for rent.
- Leasing agents are responsible to screen their customer’s to make sure to meet their needs for their property. They must show some available units to their customer to help match features of the units.
- Leasing Agents must verify all information on the application by the customer. They also have to make sure that there are no missing information in the application, and that the applicant must have a good record regarding to his/her credit.
- A Leasing Agent has to make sure that the applicant had sign the contract and understands the terms and condition.
Work Condition of a Leasing Agent
- Leasing Agents work for companies, real estate’s properties who find lessees and renters of the properties, lessors for business, business and shopping centers.
- Leasing Agents must do their jobs efficiently and effectively, so that they will be able to earn more and reach high salary rates. They must come up with marketing strategies to meet their quotas.
Educational Requirements of a Leasing Agent
- The Leasing Agents must have a high school diploma, rather than a college diploma.
- Education for Leasing Agents is not a must, but it might help. Many employers’ needs agents that had a background about real estate or a technical degree will help.
- The Leasing agents must be informative on states, federal, and local fair housing laws.
Occupation and Progress of a Leasing Agent
A Leasing agent’s job description has many duties to perform. It requires some of footwork, showing available properties to customers. A Leasing Agent can expect a starting income of around $ 28,000, and, $40,000-$50,000 per year as they get more experience. $80,000 a year is a hard working leasing agent, must have a huge amount of experience.
Tell us about your experience as a Leasing Agent . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.