Each individual has its own need. First on the list are clothing, shelter and food. We need them for our survival. In order for us to buy these things, we usually go to department stores. KMART is a very well known department store. Did you know that KMART is in the 3rd place of having the largest chains of department stores? This store is run by enthusiastic people. It also consists of workaholic staffs. These are the managers, packers, laborers and the cashiers.
This company will not be successful if there are no small people working on it. Now, let’s get to know what a KMART Cashier job is.
What is a KMART Cashier?
KMART is a highly known department store. So it is expected that the employees working in it are the best. A KMART cashier is a multitasking job. They are responsible in making effective and accurate accounting of the company’s sales. The money from the customers is given to them so they must be very skilled with handling money. They are also the ones encouraging the customers about their products. Another task they do is to ensure that they would record and tally the correct data’s from the money in and out of the company.
Duties of a KMART Cashier
- A KMART cashier is really a tough job so he/she must be fast in doing the work. They are the ones who receive money from the customers.
- Before leaving the KMART store, customers deal with the cashier so it is very much important that the cashier has a good character towards their customers. They should give cheerful attitudes and a joyful approach.
- They are also responsible for receiving the money, checks, and processing the transaction of the customer’s credit card in purchasing products.
- A KMART department store sells home appliances, clothing, footwear, toys and so many more that everything you want to buy is in here. This is why the one of the jobs of a KMART cashier is to be responsible in processing the transaction of the customer in purchasing their product.
- They are also in charge in checking the price and the quality of the product before the customer will buy it.
- When a customer is having problems, they are the ones who handle the issue and solve it.
- If the customers are going to inquire something about the product and its services the KMART cashier will be the one responsible in answering their queries.
Work Condition of a KMART Cashier
- Most KMART Cashier is working with computers. They use it in fast transactions. They are sitting in front of these computers and begin to scan the products. A KMART cashier must have a pleasing personality and appearance. It really affects the customer’s interest in purchasing the products.
- He/she must also have good mathematics skills. This is a great advantage in this type of work because they are the ones receiving checks and moneys.
Educational Requirements of a KMART Cashier
- A KMART cashier doesn’t require any diplomas. But, some companies hire a person who has a bachelor’s degree especially in courses dealing with mathematics. It is also important that you have experience working in companies that involves simple accounting tasks.
- If you are not a graduate of any courses, some companies might still accept you, if you have basic mathematical skills.
Occupation and Progress of a KMART Cashier
This profession needs a person who is honest to his/her job. Dealing with money and customers is really important to the company’s progress. A KMART cashier must have the passion in doing his/her job so that it will not be a burden in his/her daily activities.
A good KMART Cashier can improve his/her profession by being honest towards his/her job, to the company and to their customers. This can help in the success of the company and also to himself/herself.
Tell us about your experience as a KMART Cashier . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.