No matter how good the product is, if not introduced to the buying public in a good way, it often results in failure. The people behind the product have to come up with plans and strategies to make the product sell. And oftentimes, the responsibility of finding ways to improve the image of a product or service falls to the brand strategist. Their main goal is to make sure that the product does not become stale that the public would lose interest.
What is Brand Strategist?
A Brand strategist is an employee and oftentimes under the sales and marketing team. They are mainly responsible in finding innovations to further enhance branding of a product. They gather data and usually make this as basis of the current trends and forecasts future trends to be able to be one step ahead from the rest.
Duties of a Brand Strategist
- etermines the most innovative approach on how to enhance product image to the general public. Uses research data to make analysis in identifying the best way to introduce new and stagnant products.
- Ensures the success in translation of defining qualities of the brand in execution. Starting out with the study of the data gathered from research and creating various plans and strategies to be executed successfully.
- Leads the development of marketing plan and strategies and makes constant changes while plans are implemented for maximum effect.
Work Condition of a Brand Strategist
- A brand strategist gets the minimum 40 hour week but can be longer depending on the need to accomplish certain tasks. A typical office setting is provided together with various employees that holds other position for easy communication.
- Coordinates with the brand directors and brand managers to identify opportunities for improvement and gather additional ideas to benefit the brand. As well as relaying the message to subordinates for brainstorming to share ideas within the group.
Educational Requirements of a Brand Strategist
- A brand strategist should get at least a bachelor’s degree in any business course. A marketing background can greatly help with the eventual development of the product and its branding.
- Getting an MBA will put you ahead of the pack while there are other institutions that offer training and seminars specifically tailored for brand strategists. These institutions provide curriculums specific for brand strategist which gives additional credentials.
Occupation and Progress of a Brand Strategist
- You can become the next manager of the marketing team if your cards are played right. Being a brand strategist showcases your capability in bringing success to the brand. Also, it displays your flexibility in making quick decisions in order to either catch up on trends or ultimately getting ahead of the curve.
This job requires someone who is very creative and someone who can think outside of the box. This allows for a more creative process in producing ideas that will be used before the eventual release of the product. What’s most important is there should always be the drive for excellence and a never ending pursuit of making a brand recognized by the whole world. This guarantees success as well as recognition from peers and subordinates alike.
Tell us about your experience as a Brand Strategist . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.