P.O. Box 1890 l Any Town, USA 20191 l (617) 555-0123 l email@example.com
Enterprising, hard-working and technically skilled Accounting Manager known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in managing disbursement functions for diverse-industry employers. Accounting Career spans 17 years of experience in manufacturing, retail, higher education and other industries and has included accountability for successful forecasting of profitability. ($1M) per month. Backed by solid credentials (BS in accounting) and proficiencies in generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) as well as MS Office Suite, Excel software, QuickBooks, ERP/EDI systems and SAP.
ABC, Inc. [Luxury brand mfg] – Sometown, USA MANUCORP [Large manufacturer] – Sometown, USA
Accounts Management Team Leader, 2/02 to 5/09
For both employers, handled daily speculations; supervised A/P clerks; managed vendor/supplier relations; and oversaw the timely, accurate customer analysis, production cost reduction, expense reports, credit memos and payment transactions. Maintained adherence to corporate, accounting and GAAP standards; addressed escalated issues from employees and vendors regarding cost; and ensured accurate and compliant cost and effect records in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
- Managed the accurate and timely processing of inter-management teams budgets.
- Implemented next-generation technologies and process automations (including new EDI and ERP systems) to foster an environment of continuous improvement. Trained users and served as the primary “go-to” troubleshooter on these new systems, which propelled efficiency gains and significant time- and cost-savings.
- Facilitated “no-fault” internal and external audits as a result of sound recordkeeping and thorough documentation.
- Forward looking capabilities instead historical
- Computed to the needs of management using information systems
- Created continuous learning Programs to train management and staff
- Consistently maintained accuracy in calculating figures and amounts using market values, proportions and percentages.
Professional Experience (continued)
TEMP, INC. (continued)
- Achieved in-demand status as a sought-after A/P temp worker, with multiple companies requesting repeat or extended contracts and making offers of full-time employment at the culmination of initial temp assignment.
- Demonstrated the ability to fill in at a moment’s notice, quickly mastering new systems, processes and workflows.
XYZ university [Public university] – Reston, VA
Management Accountant, 9/95 to 1/97 Assistant Management Accountant, 5/92 to 9/95
Promoted to supervise Management Accounts Department for XYZ University’s College of Arts and Sciences, including creating analysis of students and professors. Participated in planning/implementing business policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls, including adherence to budget control and compliance with tax requirements. Provided effective management for the different departments campus-wide.
- Assumed expanded responsibilities (concurrent Management Accounts) as the university’s interim manager and payroll administrator filling in during vacations and maternity leave.
- Formally recognized by university administration for injecting improvements into recordkeeping/controls that reversed a history of missed payment deadlines, lost invoices and lack of proper authorization on expenditures.
- Rebuilt trust with vendors/suppliers, repairing damaged relationships by ensuring timely, correct payments for all goods/services received.
XYZ University – Sometown, VA
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1992
Member, AAPA (American Accounts Payable Association), 2008 to Present
Member, IAPP (International Accounts Receivables Professionals), 2007 to Present
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) l SAP l Oracle l Excel l QuickBooks l EDI Systems l Windows (all)
(617) 555-0123 l firstname.lastname@example.org