Architect Interns provide architectural support to the lead architect in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural materials and systems.
The Architectural Interns must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The architectural interns create three-dimensional building information modeling and two-dimensional construction documentation using software.
- They perform redline changes and revisions.
- They assist in the streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects.
- They assist with contract administration responsibilities.
- They may participate in the architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval.
- They may develop project specifications from master specifications.
- They may participate in the review of product or shop drawing submittals during the construction phase.
- They assist architects in construction drawings of pre-fabricated structure projects; and other modular construction projects involve educational, correctional, and healthcare facilities and multi-story residential buildings.
- They scan, copy, print, and transmit original working drawings of current projects.
- They organize and maintain project files.
Work Related Expectations:
- Architectural interns assist the lead architects by:
- Designing schematics specialized in space programming and site planning as well as developing of elevations, sections, 3D renderings and architectural details of residential and commercial projects that include high-end custom homes, multi-family dwellings, active adult communities, restaurants, offices and mixed-use buildings.
- Innovating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility.
- Following through design development drawings and collaborated with the production staff for technical details and completion of construction drawings.
- Establishing the company’s Interior Design Department involved in product research and selection of fabric, lighting, kitchen and bath fixtures, and furniture incorporating color design, material and finish specifications and custom details to create comfortable, usable and stylish spaces. Projects were mostly vacation houses and luxury homes.