The purchasing department supervisors are responsible for supporting initiatives driving results measured by lower material costs, more responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain.
The Purchasing Department Supervisors must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The purchasing department supervisors research and find productivity annually through supplier cost reduction, resource, or similar means.
- They resolve chronic part or source delivery or quality problems.
- They manage vendor contract stocking agreements with an annual review plan to qualify renewal.
- They assume full accountability for cost of components and inventory of raw material.
- They assist the materials and planning supervisors in setting inventory goals for assigned product lines.
- They are responsible for supporting manufacturing operations with sound and accurate purchasing schedules on a regular basis.
- They work with master scheduler to ensure raw materials are available to meet manufacturing’s needs.
- They assume leadership role in managing key, strategic relationships with our customer’s divisions purchasing groups.
- They assume leadership role in working with key internal company personnel in order to establish sound and effective purchasing strategies.
- They work with sales and manufacturing to find new raw materials and/or alternate raw materials to meet customer needs.
- They maintain raw material database within MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications.
- They act as lead negotiator in plant purchasing plans which are responsible for initiating, directing and maintaining both short and long-term schedules.
- They maintain and follow purchasing procedures to conform to ISO standards.
- They analyze potential suppliers and annual review of existing suppliers reviewing costs, quality, delivery, and other pertinent factors.
- They establish and maintain clear and effective purchasing policies and procedures.
- They input purchase orders into appropriate MRP systems and/or approve purchase orders entered by purchasing agent.