General Communications Inc. (GCI) Job Description
General Communications Inc. (GCI) is an Alaskan telecommunications company offering services like cable television,wire-line, cellular telephone services and Internet Access. Through its own facilities and in accordance with other service providers, theses products are delivered and had been made possible. Not just for its attention-getting name, but through the companies’ subsidiaries and good quality service, the company already serves about 85-90,000 long-distance customers and approximately 80,000 local callers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau, Alaska.
General Communications Inc. (GCI) Job Positions and Descriptions
- GCI Customer Service Team leader Job Description
The position is given the responsibility to monitor employee performance and services rendered to customers.
- Lead a team of Customer Service Representatives
Gives his or her contribution for processes and systems’ improvement to create higher productivity and ratio of the service.
- Responsible for giving action on how to increase the calls or requirements for supervisory assistance or support in resolution of problems experienced.
- Must have a call center ideals and training desires.
- Must have a four year degree and experience in Team Leading and with excellent computer skills.
- Has good communication/management skills, willing to go on the variation of schedules and shifts.
GCI Customer Service Team Leader Hourly Salary: $18/hour
- GCI Software Engineer Job Description
The software engineer’s job includes a fairly wide range of responsibilities which includes application development, designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
He or she must:
- know how to do Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Be responsible for Software testing and quality assurance Performance tuning, advancement, balancing, usability, automation.
- The software engineer also supports and maintains document software functionality Integrates software with existing systems Evaluate and identifies new technologies for implementation.
- Project Planning and Project Management
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software in the company.
GCI Software Engineer Salary: $136,000
- GCI Engineer Job Description
The purpose of the position is to provide the engineering of Managed Broadband Services network facilities and installations to support or reinforce Managed Broadband Services products and network management systems of the company.
The GCI Engineer is:
- Responsible for the network designing and documentation.
- Trains and assists the Network Administrator in the area of delivery and maintenance.
- Must have the understanding of standard systems engineering concepts such as high availability, redundancy, reliability and testing, security and standards. Highlights of the position requires experienced in diagnosis of Layer-2 and Layer-3 data network problems, demonstrated knowledge of IP address nomenclature and meaning, IP protocols, IP routing, MPLS, CISCO router and switch components and facilities and must have knowledge of Windows NT/2000/XP and/or Linux operating systems.
- Has finished a Bachelors degree in Computer Technologies, Electrical Engineering or related field is required, the experience may substitute for the education on a year for year basis.
- Must have Cisco Systems Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification,as required.
- Must have two years experience as a Data Network Administrator or equivalent to the job description.
GCI Engineer Salary: $85,000
- GCI Business Analyst Job Description
The position is given the responsibility of the maintenance and development of the systems in the company. The GCI Business Analyst conducts technical studied that would give and involves data as well as system analysis and designing.
He or she prepares the planned activities and projects to be delivered and carry out with approval to the management. The position requires resolving-power to support in the resolution and trouble-shooting of the issues within the working environment.
GCI Business Analyst Salary: $48,000
- GCI Radio Frequency Engineer Job Description
The Radio Frequency Engineers gives the ability and responsibility to design, develop and test radio frequency products and develop the manufacturing process for the products the company developed. Along with design and development, his or her other responsibilities includes overseeing and directing the production of radio frequency devices and components to ensure the design specifications are followed.This includes developing blueprints and procedures for the production process.
The minimum educational requirement for this position is a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering but depending on the variation of the condition and situation the company consider candidates with a degree in a related engineering discipline and experience.
GCI Radio Frequency Engineer Salary: $94,000
General Communications Inc. (GCI) Career Opportunities Online
Please visit this link: http://www.gci.com