The Orvis Co. Inc. Job Description
Founded in 1856, The Orvis Company, Inc. is the nation’s oldest mail-order company. Through yearly mailings of more than 40 million catalogs resulting in 70 percent of its sales–the company sells premium fly-fishing tackle, hunting gear, and shotguns, as well as clothing, artwork, and gift items for the country life. Orvis operates 16 retail stores in the United States and four in the United Kingdom, claims over 500 dealers worldwide, and offers fly-fishing and shooting schools as well as chartered vacations and lodging.
The Orvis Co. Inc. Duties and Responsibilities
- Retail Sales Associate
The Retail Sales Associate is primarily responsible for providing a World Class shopping experience for new and existing Orvis customers. The Retail Sales Associate reports directly to the Retail Store Manager and will interact daily with other store associates. In addition to position responsibilities, key Performance Measurement is to achieve personal sales productivity. General Responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales expectations by personally assisting customers and using the selling techniques of suggestive selling, personal testimonials, add-on sales, and clientele.
- Actively suggest and assist customers to purchase through additional Orvis channels including direct order phone, Web, Catalog, and Dealer.
- Continuously gain product knowledge on Orvis products by utilizing retail information, product labels, catalog copy, and discussing with store manager, fishing manager, and other seasoned associates.
- Follow-through on all assignments from store management.
- Provide excellent customer service on returns, special orders, repairs, etc.
Retail Sales Associate Salary: $8.00 to $13.00 an hour
- System Support Technician
The Systems Support Technician will provide technology support for the various computer and communication platforms in The Orvis Company, Inc. This involves troubleshooting hardware, software, local and wide area networks, Retail Point of Sales systems as well as voice and data communication networks. This position will assist remote users with the first line of support and be responsible for the installation and upgrade of new and existing technologies. The System Support Technician will interface with Information Technology (IT) and functional department associates. There will be limited contact with vendors outside the company.
System Support Technician Salary: $55,000-$59,000
- Retail Store Manager
This position is responsible for creating a world class shopping experience for new and existing Orvis customers resulting in strong sales and profit growth. This position is also accountable for all management responsibilities in operating a retail store. This position will report to a District Manager. Position will interface on a daily basis with Store Associates and as needed with the District Manager, the Manager of Retail Operations/HR, HR, Retail Merchants, Retail Marketing and Orvis Service Center Associates.
Retail Store Manager Salary: $35,000-$65,000
- Application Developer Analyst
The IT Application Developer/Analyst will work with other IT team members to develop custom applications, integrate packaged solutions, and leverage state of the art tools to deliver management information to Orvis’ business leaders. The IT Application Developer/Analyst will report to an IT Manager or Project Leader responsible for supporting specific business systems. There are no direct reports. General responsibilities are listed below:
- Assist in defining and scoping project requests.
- Assist project team in designing and evaluating applications, tools, and techniques.
- Develop and integrate functional components of designed solutions, using traditional or advanced project lifecycle techniques.
- Conduct unit testing, assist and participate in system and user acceptance testing.
- Implement and provide ongoing support to assigned solutions.
Application Developer Analyst Salary: $51,000-$87,000
The Orvis Co. Inc. Job Application Form Online
Orvis is currently offering exciting employment opportunities. To view a list of all available positions, click on the link below to narrow your search results and you may also apply online.