Teaching online could be possible. Amazed? Yes! With the advent of new technology, facing the camera while conducting lectures and listening to teachers discussions could be done having an access to the web. Online teachers practice their professions via internet, unlike the usual meeting of teachers and students on their respective classrooms. Acquired learning would be the same, questions and clarifications would still be answered, it’s just that they are miles apart.
Duties of Online Teachers:
- Conducting lessons while facing the camera
- Presenting lessons and to attentively listen and answer students’ questions
- Setting up schedules of classes
- Makes detailed reports
- Answering phone calls
- Solving grades of students
- Regular contact with student thru web
- Determining student’s development and progress
- Rating performances of students
Educational /Training Requirements:
- Completed a course in teaching or any related courses
- Should have an experience in teaching
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Have reliable internet access and acquire advanced computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be attentive, patient an friendly toward student on the net
- Should manage time wisely
In the recent years, an increased demand of online teachers showed on countries willing to learn other languages than their native tongue. Online teachers teaching English languages to other nations became a popular profession, since many people around the world are innovating and badly needed excellent English communication skills. As a result of this, there is a great possibility that online teachers have a great job outlook, and demand for them will continue to extend on other nations as well.
Compensations for online teachers would vary depending on the sessions of classes they have conducted and the number of students they are lecturing. Longer experiences would help online teachers get more customers. Each student pays for the lecture service offered by online teachers. More students call for greater income. Online teachers are paid in an hourly basis.