A substitute teacher, just like any other teacher is the one responsible in providing knowledge and education to its students. There are some instances wherein a designated substitute teacher is assigned to teach just one child while there are some cases wherein a whole class students can be assigned to her.
A Substitute Teacher educates his/her students from a school or any other place conducive for studying like the library or even the student’s own home. When a substitute teacher teaches a student at home, then this now is called tutorial classes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A substitute teacher ensures that correct and clear teaching standards are executed and met at all times.
- A substitute teacher should be in charge of listening to some cases related to misconduct.
- A substitute teacher should practice fairness at all times when dealing with certain situations but should also be sympathetic and understanding when the situation calls for it.
- He or she must have enough knowledge of the topic or the subject that he or she teaches thus making him or her credible for it.
- Should be willing to give advices to those students who are in need of it and especially those who need some guidance.
- Should be able to identify what is lacking in every student and should have the ability to reassess them in order for them to learn best.