123 Main Street · Buffalo, New York 98119
firstname.lastname@example.org · 425-555-0139 · cell 425-555-0199
Extensively experienced and goal-oriented Controller and Finance Manager with a demonstrated track record of leading the preparation and analysis of financial reports to summarize and forecast financial position. Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through evaluation of financial management systems and implementation of process improvements. Talented leader directing highly skilled financial management teams to support achievement of overall corporate goals and objectives. Core competencies include:
Large Corporation, My Town, New York, 2000 – Present
Directed financial management functions including development of monthly/quarterly financial statements, financial forecasts, and budgets. Oversee general accounting functions, including AR/AP, account reconciliation, and cash management. Administer all financial management systems, evaluating and integrating new applications. Develop highly skilled accounting and financial management team to achieve established objectives. Interact with the Board of Directors and President concerning financial forecasts and reports.
- Spearheaded implementation of technology that improved tracking reducing operating expenses 20%.
- Strategically restructured financial reporting processes in accordance with organizational changes.
- Served as key leader in effectively managing 15% annual revenue growth.
Medium Corporation, My Town, New York, 1995 – 2000
Prepared financial reports, developed budgets, and performed variance analysis in accordance with business plan. Compiled periodic financial reporting packages for senior management. Carried out internal audits to ensure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency/accuracy. Built and led teams in carrying out special projects.
- Reduced monthly closing cycle by three days with identification and recommendation of enhanced closing procedures.
- Awarded as employee of the year for 1999 in recognition of outstanding performance.
TRY RESEARCH, Buffalo, New York, 1991 – 1995
Closed and prepared monthly financial statements and audit reports. Performed monthly account reconciliations and monitored general ledger transactions. Worked in collaboration with controller to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial information in support of overall business objectives.
- Saved more than $40,000 in annual expenses through identification of inaccurate and unnecessary vendor payments.
- Increased productivity levels by providing key contributions toward automation of account reconciliation processes.
CONTOSO, LTD, Buffalo, New York, 1989 – 1991
Carried out general ledger functions, including account analysis and reconciliation, journal entries, and AR/AP. Prepared financial statements
- Consistently met deadlines while demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve corporate objectives.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting & Finance (1989)
Central University – My Town, New York