The Baker mixes and bakes ingredients according to recipes to produce breads, rolls, cookies, cakes, pies, pastries or other baked goods.
A Baker observes color of products being baked, and adjusts oven temperatures, humidity, and conveyor speeds accordingly. The Baker sets oven temperature and place items into hot ovens for baking. The Baker combines measured ingredients in bowls of mixing, blending, or cooking machinery. The Baker measures and weighs flour and other ingredients to prepare batters, dough’s, fillings, and icings, using scales and graduated containers. The Baker rolls, kneads, cuts and shapes dough to form sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and other products. The Baker places dough in pans, molds, or on sheets, and bake in production ovens or on grills. The Baker checks the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met. The Baker adapts the quantity of ingredients to match the amount of items to be baked. The Baker applies glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes. The Baker checks equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and performs maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.
Food Production- The Baker needs knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage techniques.
Production and Processing- The Baker needs knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Customer and Personal Service- The Baker needs knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Administration and Management- The Baker needs knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Mathematics- The Baker needs knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- The Baker must have the skill to teach others how to do something.
- The Baker must have the skill to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- The Baker must have the skill to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The Baker must have the skill to talk to others to convey information effectively in order to properly do their job function.
- The Baker needs the skill to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- The Baker needs the skill to monitoring performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- The Baker needs the skill to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions in this manner they are better able to complete their job function.
The Baker needs the ability to see details at close range within a few feet of the observer. The Baker needs the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The Baker needs the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. The Baker needs the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you. The Baker needs the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness. The Baker needs the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving the arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. The Baker needs the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person. The Baker needs the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The Baker may encounter requests for baked goods that are unique or need to be made in a specific manner in order to accomplish this they need the ability to make adjustment with ingredients. The Baker needs the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions. The Baker needs the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules for example patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations.