The main responsibilities of a storeman driver include:
- To drive an automobile, delivery or light truck, or bus; transports supplies and personnel to various destinations throughout the county;
- checks vehicle tire pressure and fluids such as oil and gas; adds fluids and air as necessary;
- reports potential mechanical problems to supervisor;
- Loads and unloads supplies from vehicles;
- uncrates shipments and stores supplies in storeroom or warehouse;
- collects requisitioned items from storeroom inventories to fill orders;
- Compares information on requisition or invoices to shipments received or issued to verify accuracy of order; completes requisitions, inventory or invoices and other documentations related to the delivery or shipment.
- Appointees to those positions will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs prior to beginning work;
- once on the job, incumbents will be subject to mandatory testing for alcohol and/or drugs on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
- Should have knowledge of the operation and minimum maintenance of light vehicles
- Should have the ability to operate light motor vehicles safely and efficiently;
- perform light manual labor;
- follow oral and written instructions;
- compare product names and numbers;
- use and complete forms and logs;
- write legibly.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends during a declared emergency situation.