Our health is our only armor in our daily life. When we are in sickness our life became miserable and sometimes it leads us to discouragement to continue living. When it comes to health, we must be very particular of the services offered. The facilities being provided, a convenient place, proper subscription of medicines and trusted staffs. We can see professional Doctors, Nurses and Lab managers.
Getting questioned what is a Lab manager?
What is a Lab Manager?
The word itself defines what kind of profession is a Lab Manager. It is an authorized person that works in the photographic laboratory. This person is the boundary between the clients and the technical staffs. They are the one’s who organize and manages the proper work flow in the laboratory. A Lab Manager requires to have a good skill in costumer service. He/she must be honest enough to it’s work and to the people he/she serves.
Duties of an Lab Manager
- A Lab Manager are the people responsible for planning for the activities, decisions and works happening in the laboratory.
- They organizes and manages the proper work flow inside and outside of the laboratory.
- They are the ones interacting with clients to the technical staffs.
- They assure the services and the products, the people should be taking are approved and tested.
- Supervises every activities inside and outside of the laboratory.
- They are the one promoting alternative plans or plans improving their services.
- They are also obliged to take the risk what the result of the plan may take.
Work Condition of a Lab Manager
- Most Lab Manager works in a photographic Laboratory.
- A Lab Manager must posses an excellent colour vision.
- It requires a Lab Manager to have a positive thinking to overcome complicated situations.
- They must be good in analysis such like solving and direct decision making.
- Must be good in managing time.
- In researching facts, a Lab Manager must not be satisfied directly, they should go deeper to have more explanations and details.
- Has the knowledge in analyzing graphs, balancing accounts and maintaining records.
Educational Requirements of a Lab Manager
- To be confirmed or hired as a Lab Manager you must be a Bachelor’s Degree holder or a course that is related to the field of a Lab Manager.
- Some accepts a Registered Medical Technologist to become a Lab Manager.
- And number one in the list is that you must have experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
Occupation and Progress of a Lab Manager
A Lab Manager is not an easy profession. It deals between life and death. So each decision must be think not just once but many times. This job is giving service to the people in need of curing their health. So, it must be very careful in handling situations and decisions.
Keeping and maintaining this job is the challenge of a Lab Manager. Everyday is a new day for new experiences and knowledge to be able to have an advance thinking and skills. And become a better Lab Manager in the future.