Training course developers design, produce and develop the necessary instructional materials for training courses.
They maintain current course materials as well us modify and improve them as required by instructors and trainees. They conduct training needs analysis, develop exercises and training scenarios as well as perform assessment of training materials. They make sure that all training objectives are accomplished, and issues are resolved.
The Training Course Developers must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The training course developers maintain existing courses, make sure that each of them are revised and improved, based on the recommendation of the instructors and students.
- They develop new course modules to be incorporated into existing courses, as well as research, design and implement new ones.
- They determine the training strategy and selecting the appropriate media to be used.
- They design the general curriculum, define training objectives, and generate mastery tests.
- They work with graphic artists to create audiovisual and other training aids.
- They update and modify course contents to reflect any development and changes in the procedures or technology discussed in the course.
- They provide technical assistance and support to instructors and students when necessary, train instructors in correctly using the course materials they have developed.
- They coordinate with research and development and management for planning and designing the contents of training courses and activities.
- They update current training trends and technologies and apply them as needed.
- They create online courses, using multimedia authoring tools.
- The training course developer should have either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Instructional Design or any related course.
- They should be highly analytical and possess creative and intuitive problem-solving ability.
- They should be able to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately.
- They should have excellent writing and editing skills, be highly attentive to details and be able to manage time accordingly.
- They should know how to use computers and software applications such as word processor, database management, and presentation software.