The software architects lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
They design innovative solutions to real market problems. They will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
The software architect must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The software architects identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- They record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- They maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- They analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- They provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- They assist software designer/implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- They lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- They perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- They participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- They comply with all applicable product development processes.
- They perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities.
- They ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validate it against the system specification.
- They integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
- They work with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency.
Work Related Expectations:
- The software architect is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to platforms, coding, and technical levels.
- They should gain a complete understanding of his clients’ needs and effectively communicate them to the software design team.
- They should spearhead all of the software development activities of his employer or client.
- They must oversee the development team, manage the full life cycle of the process, monitor research, review codes and supervise any testing.