FedEx Package Handler Job Description
People mostly depend on services of package delivery such as FedEx in order to transport parcels in different parts of world for personal or business reasons. Keep reading for the FedEx package handler job description.
What is a package handler?
Package handlers in FedEx (Federal Express) work in loading docks or warehouses where they are responsible in lifting and pushing packages of different sizes, getting them ready for delivery. FedEx package handlers move all packages by hand, without the assistance of mechanical equipment.
Duties of a package handler in FedEx
- Required to lift 100 lbs. or more by themselves or about 150 lbs. with the aid of another person. They are usually required to work holidays and weekends, as Federal Express delivers 365 days per year.
- Load and unload parcels and packages on and off the planes or trucks.
- Complete daily assignments received from supervisors by the end of the shift
- Follow order, procedures and policies about proper stacking and handling of the package boxes in order to keep the boxes and its contents unharmed and intact.
- Keep accurate records and report some cargo discrepancies to heads or supervisors.
Condition of work
- FedEx doesn’t provide heir package handlers with forklifts, pallet jacks or any other materials in handling equipments. Package handlers should be able to handle, push, carry, pull and lift boxes that weigh about or more than 100 lbs.
- The work environment is mostly large and open warehouse that comes with concrete floorings. Their job often requires them walk or stand for long periods during work shift. Work hours are flexible and overtime work may also be required especially during holidays.
There are no particular educational requirements in becoming a FedEx package handler. FedEx usually provides an on-the-job training for the particular position. The minimum age requirements are at least 18 years old with no criminal background and drug test checked.
Occupation and Progress
Employment opportunities are widely available in various areas such as sales, management, marketing and recruitment. According to Glassdoor, the average annual wage for full-time FedEx package handlers is $44,000 – $72,000 [Glassdoor].
Similar Company Profiles and Job Descriptions
Did you like this Fedex package handler job description? If you’re interested in a Fedex career, these companies and roles may interest you too: