The architectural managers are responsible for developing designs of construction projects and coordinating construction work contracts.
They must familiarize themselves with designing, supervising and managing construction contracts. They focus in technical documentation and coordination, serving as the interface between construction site operations and head office.
The Architectural Managers must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The architectural managers plan, organize and manage architectural activities within the organization.
- They review project plans and approve architectural specifications contained in the plan.
- They oversee and prepare feasibility studies and reports, making sure that designs comply with current standards and that all documents are accurate and consistent.
- They establish, review and schedule work priorities of personnel in the architectural department.
- They change personnel workload arrangements as needed; doing it in a flexible manner, taking steps to ensure that workload across all personnel is even.
- They lead, mentor and motivate personnel in order to ensure their safety, well-being and service are in consonance with the goals of the organization and high standards.
- They monitor the preparation of documents and contracts for construction projects and related professional services.
- They review funds, changing orders and preparing estimates for all projects.
- They monitor the performance of contractors to ensure that all jobs pass quality control procedures and that all requirements are carried out.
- They evaluate bids from contractors and make recommendation for awarding contracts.
- They may delegate work to other technicians and personnel and make judgments about the best way to solve issues and problems.
- The architectural managers must have a bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering.
- They must be registered as licensed architects in the state where they will work.
- They should know the principles and practices involved in architectural design.
- They should also know techniques in designing, constructing and maintaining architectural projects.
- They should know the principles and practices of project management, contract development and cost estimating.