A Production Planner is basically someone who plans, coordinates, organizes and controls production within a particular organization.
It’s main responsabilities include ensuring that production of goods and services are efficient and should be of the right quality and quantity altogether ir order for it to meet the demands of its customers. Based on a particular production system, the duties and responsibilities of a production planner would likewise vary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule production and activities and supervises production timelines of the organization.
- Ensures that the quality of products are good and on time.
- Ensures that maintainenace in all forms is not too costly but is of high quality at all times.
- Estimates the costs of production and determines whether or not it is worth it.
- Works out certain materials as needed.
- Should decide when it comes to matters that are concerned with layouting, and ranging of services and products that would delivered and designed to complete a work process.
- Selects and maintains equipments and ensures that the organizations standard’s are met at all times.
- Works well with managers to execute rules and regulations of the company.
- Keeps knowledge when it comes to health and safety procedures.