The main role of a research and development manager is to oversee all the scientific aspects of a research project. He is also the one responsible in coordinating to any type of business the strategic goals an enterprise is working towards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- It is the responsiblity of an R&D manager to be fully aware of all the things that are happening especially in terms of the scientific aspect of the projects it is handling.
- A constant coordination between himself and the members of the other departments in the company are also important and is his main responsibility. This is to guarantee a close connection between the teams in line with the company’s goals.
- It is his responsibility to become actively involved in the laboratory together with the scientists.
- Planning research process is also one of his main duties and responsibilities.
- There are some instances wherein the R&D Manager has to involve himself in recruiting qualified scientiest for certain projects designed and scheduled by the company.
- Allocating funds for every project is also one of his main duties.
His attendance to regular meetings is also necessary at all times.