The Insurance Sales Agent sells life, property, casualty, health, automotive, or other types of insurance by an insurance company.
Tasks for Insurance Sales Agents
- The Insurance Sales Agents sell various types of insurance policies to business and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- The Insurance Sales Agents interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss my existing coverage.
- The Insurance Sales Agents call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- The Insurance Sales Agents seeks out new clients and develops clientele by networking to find new customer and generate lists of prospective clients.
- The Insurance Sales Agents ensures that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- The Insurance Sales Agents customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- The Insurance Sales Agents explains features, advantages and disadvantage of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- The Insurance Sales Agents calculates premiums and establish payment methods.
- The Insurance Sales Agents inspects property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- The Insurance Sales Agents performs administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
The Insurance Sales Agents knowledge requirements
- The Insurance Sales Agents need knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- The Insurance Sales Agents need knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of the English language of the structure and content including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of the financial data.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
Skills for the Insurance Sales Agents
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs the skill to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs the skill to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- The Insurance Sales Agents need the skills to manage their time as well as the time of others on the staff.
- The Insurance Sales Agents need the skills to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- The Insurance Sales Agents need the skills persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- The Insurance Sales Agents need the skills to actively look for ways to help people, his clients, and other co-workers.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs the skill to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
- The Insurance Sales Agents needs the skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.