The main responsibilities of a storeman driver include:
- To drive an automobile, delivery or light truck, or bus; transports supplies and personnel to various destinations throughout the county;
- checks vehicle tire pressure and fluids such as oil and gas; adds fluids and air as necessary;
- reports potential mechanical problems to supervisor;
- Loads and unloads supplies from vehicles;
- uncrates shipments and stores supplies in storeroom or warehouse;
- collects requisitioned items from storeroom inventories to fill orders;
- Compares information on requisition or invoices to shipments received or issued to verify accuracy of order; completes requisitions, inventory or invoices and other documentations related to the delivery or shipment.
- Appointees to those positions will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs prior to beginning work;
- once on the job, incumbents will be subject to mandatory testing for alcohol and/or drugs on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
- Should have knowledge of the operation and minimum maintenance of light vehicles
- Should have the ability to operate light motor vehicles safely and efficiently;
- perform light manual labor;
- follow oral and written instructions;
- compare product names and numbers;
- use and complete forms and logs;
- write legibly.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends during a declared emergency situation.
Tell us about your experience as a Storeman Driver . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.