The Human Resources Generalist works by managing the day to day operations in the HR Department of any type of office or enterprise.
He or she is the one responsible for administrating the human resources policies, procedures, and programs that are applied in an organization. Some of its responsibilities include departmental development, employee relations, training and development, health and health benefits, retirement plans, employment and so many others.
The main functions of a Human Resource Generalist includes:
- Recruiting of staff members
- organizational and space planning;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- employee orientation, development, and training;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company-wide committee facilitation;
- company employee communication;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and
- employee services and counseling.
He or she is also the one responsible in leading certain HR practices and objectives that will provide camaraderie among employees, a healthy environment and workplace, as well as a good relationship between the superior and its subordinates. Thus, the role of the HR is very much important in the success of any type of business enterprise.