Rock Splitter Tasks:
- The Rock Splitter examines, measures, and weighs materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as rulers, micrometers, or scales.
- The Rock Splitter sets up, operates, or tends machines that cut or slices materials, such as glass, stone, cork ,rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- The Rock Splitter stacks and sorts cut materials for packaging, further processing, or shipping, according to types and sizes of material.
- The Rock Splitter reviews work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- The Rock Splitter types instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
- The Rock Splitter removes defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjusts machine components so that products meet standards.
- The Rock Splitter presses buttons, pulls levers, or depresses pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- The Rock Splitter adjusts machine controls to alter positions, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- The Rock Splitter Maintains production records, such as quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
- The Rock Splitter monitors operation of cutting or slicing machines to detect malfunctions or to determine whether supplies need replenishment.
The Rock Splitter needs knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. The Rock Splitter needs the skill it takes to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed. The Rock Splitter uses mathematics to solve problems. The Rock Splitter must have the ability to control operation of equipment or systems. The Rock Splitter determines causes of operating errors and decides what to do about it. The Rock Splitter must have the ability to teach others how to do something that is pertaining to the job function. The Rock Splitter watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly. The Rock Splitter conducts tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance. The Rock Splitter must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. They must be able to respond either in written form or verbally to the understanding of the party involved. Often they are required to explain what is about to happen not only to the client but to the crew.
The Rock Splitter needs to be able to make judgment on what is the best thing to do which includes considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Then after all the considerations from the knowledge that they have privy too they must make a decision as to what is the best or appropriate action. In order to gather much needed knowledge they must give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Abilities needed for Rock Splitter Job
- The RockSplitter needs the ability to control precision which includes the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The Rock Splitter needs the ability of arm-hand steadiness. This includes the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The Rock Splitter must have the ability to use good finger dexterity. This includes the ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- The Rock Splitter needs the ability of near vision which includes the capability to see details at close range within a few feet of the observer.
- The Rock Splitter needs the ability to use deductive reasoning. This includes the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The Rock Splitter needs the ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.