The Camera Equipment Repairer will repair and adjust cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
Tasks for Camera Equipment Repairers
- The Camera Equipment Repairer calibrates and verifies accuracy of light meters, shutter diaphragm operation, and lens carriers, using timing instruments.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer disassembles equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer adjusts cameras, photographic mechanisms, and equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, and lens systems, using hand tools.
- The Camera Equipment Repairers clean and lubricates cameras and polishes camera lenses, using cleaning materials and work aids.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer measures parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed and light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer tests equipment performance, focus of lens systems, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, and film transport, using precision gauges.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer examines cameras, equipment, film, and laboratory reports to diagnose malfunction, using work aids and specifications.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer usually orders the parts and materials needed to repair the camera equipment.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, and specifications to determine needed repairs, fabrication methods and operation sequences.
- The Camera Equipment Repairer fabricates or modifies defective electronic, electrical, and mechanical components, using bench lathe, milling machines, shapers, grinders, and precision had tools according to specifications.
Knowledge needed for Camera Equipment Repairers
The Camera Equipment Repairer needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance in order to do their job function. The Camera Equipment Repairer must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. The Camera Equipment Repairer must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs, assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. The Camera Equipment Repairer
The Camera Equipment Repairer needs knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Skills required for Camera Equipment Repairer
The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the skill to repair machines or systems using the needed tools. They need to be able to determine causes of operating errors and decide what to do about it. They also need the skill to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the skill to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. The Camera Equipment Repairer must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs to be able to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do job. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the skill to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the skill to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the ability to select and use training methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the ability to manage their time and the time of others that may be working in his crew to work on camera equipment.
Abilities required for Camera Equipment Repairer
The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearrange. The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects is vital for the Camera Equipment Repairer. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the ability to see details at a very close range with in just a few feet away. The Camera Equipment Repairer needs the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.