The website developers are responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as develop new technologies. They should be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment.
The Website Developers must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The website developers develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- They create a company-wide Intranet, allowing data manipulation for each internal staff member.
- They maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all internal systems are integrated.
- They perform complete testing of Web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
- They conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
- They design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- They develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- They develop external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- They participate in dynamic priority setting sessions as the summer season unfolds.
- The website developers must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience.
- They must have a typing proficiency of 40-60 wpm.
- They should have a minimum of three years of ColdFusion experience.
- They must be proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- They should have Flash video/animation experience.
- They should have experience with ticketing, merchandise, Point-Of-Sale systems.
- They must have handled hardware and software issues.
- They must be able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- They must have excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- They must have experience in structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
- They should have strong attention to detail.
- They must respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs in line with provided guidelines.
Degrees and Training to Become a Website Developer
Tell us about your experience as a Website Developer . How much you earned, who your employer was, how much education was required or anything that pertains to this career. Help others who are trying to enter into this field. All information is kept anonymous.