The House Keeping Manager supervises work activities of cleaning personnel in hotels, hospitals, offices, and other establishments.
Tasks for House Keeping Manager
- The House Keeping Manager directs activities for stopping the spread of infections in facilities such as hospitals.
- The House Keeping Manager inspects work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- The House Keeping Manager plans and prepares employee work schedules.
- The House Keeping Manager performs or assists with cleaning duties as necessary.
- The House Keeping Manager investigates complaints about service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- The House Keeping Manager coordinates activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- The House Keeping Manager checks equipment to ensure that it is in working order before it is made available to the customers or employees.
- The House Keeping Manager inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- The House Keeping Manager selects the most suitable cleaning materials for different types of linens, furniture, flooring, and surfaces.
- The House Keeping Manager instructs staff in work policies and procedures, and the use and maintenance of equipment.
Knowledge requirements for House Keeping Manager’s
The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs, assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. The House Keeping Manager needs the knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interest; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders in order to perform their job functions. The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions. The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods. The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of raw materials, production, processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. The House Keeping Manager needs knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
Skill requirement for House Keeping Manager
The House Keeping Manager needs the ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. The House Keeping Manager must give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. The House Keeping Manager must have the skill to teach others how to do something. The House Keeping Manager assesses the performance of others as well as their own performance. The House Keeping Manager needs the skill to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. The House Keeping Manager must use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. The House Keeping Manager selects and uses instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Abilities required for House Keeping Managers
The House Keeping Manager needs the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. They need the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The House Keeping Manager needs to have the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. Then they need the ability to speak clearly so others can understand them when they are trying to explain a problem or situation. They also need the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.