We are very particular when it comes to our health. Little wounds, infections or just cough can be very dangerous to us if we don’t consult them. We relay on the people who are experts in this field.They are the Specialists, Doctors and other professionals. They give us proper prescriptions of medicines and treatments we are going to use. They give advices that can help us in a fast recovery. There are also people who are called the OHS Manager.
What is an OHS Manager?
OHS means Occupational Health and Safety. The word itself describes what kind of profession is an OHS Manager. They are the people who are responsible for the health and safety of their patients. Like other professionals who deals with the health of the patients they are also similar in their priorities. An OHS Manager is responsible for the patients who suffers from any illness.
Duties if an OHS Manager
- The duties of an OHS Manager is just the same with Doctors. They review and analyze the patients conditions. If it can be treated or it needs to undergo operation.
- After having surgeries or operations they evaluate the results.
- They design new programs and procedures to prevent and control spreading of diseases or injury caused by physical, chemical or other agents that affects and make your illness much more complicated.
- They are also in charge of Documentation, Tracking and Reporting any suspicious findings and results from the patients.
- In having Drug and Alcohol Testing they are the people conducting and surveying it.
- They prevent illness and injury for becoming worst.
- In having operations in patients they are the one supervising and maintaining the order of the procedure, to have a successful operation.
- They assist and helps other staff members in having surgeries and operations.
Work Condition of an OHS Manager
- An OHS Manager usually works in Laboratories, operating rooms, hospitals, schools and private places. They give service to those people who needs them.
- It is also important that you have good communication skills, Documentation skills and Organizational skills. Everyday you handle different kinds of cases of sick people. They need your advices and suggestions to make them feel better.
- An OHS Manager must be healthy. They engage with people who are suffering form illness, instead of having recovery maybe this may lead them to worst situation. Also, an OHS Manager is a job who always travels. They check and monitor patients conditions everywhere.
- An OHS Manager must work fast and accurately. Patients are expecting from you.
- Also they need to be good in making wise and quick decisions. In times that patients are critical, an OHS Manager responsibility to choose to take a risk or just leave the patient.
Educational Requirements of an OHS Manager
- To become an OHS Manager it needs a person who has graduated a bachelor degree course. Courses related to science, biology, anatomy and other concerns about health.
- They must have undergone trainings in curing and monitoring sick patients.
- Must have at least 8 years of experience in this field.
Occupation and Progress of an OHS Manager
Being an OHS Manager is very risky. Everyday they deals with people who are in need of recovery and treatment to their health. An OHS Manager must have the patients to be first in prioritize.
Helping and making sick people recovers from their problems is a big accomplish to an OHS Manager. Every decisions and move of an OHS Manager can have a big effect to their patients, so an OHS Manager must be very careful of the things he/she will be doing.