As technology advances, many equipments and gadgets are discovered. We can see more amazing multimedia fusion with more realistic and life-like results. Some of the high-tech gadgets and electronic devices such as computers, televisions, cellular phones, and even in a live stage can become more amazing after the discovery of multimedia in the field of science. Multimedia will not exist if there are no multimedia designers, which create digital images for the purpose of animation, artworks to be used in video games and etc. This job is very interesting; actually, a designer must be creative and stylish. Interested now? Let’s tackle more about a Multimedia Designer.
What is Multimedia Designer?
A Multimedia Designer is a multimedia artist that specializes in the designing of multimedia content that will suit every company’s needs. They also work in a creative group that provides the clients with the multimedia content they desire. Designing is the main responsibility of a multimedia designer. They will also produce sketches, plans, scale models, and drawings of the multimedia content that has to be developed. They are also the ones in charge on the overall feel of the multimedia content. Multimedia designers can design the set, props, and also to decide on the costumes that will best compliment to the design. They are also the one who directed and advise the set assistants and other production staff if needed to maintain the design.
Duties of a Multimedia Designer
- A multimedia designer is the one who develop project strategy and also works on the project with the development team, testing the presentation and presenting it to the clients. They will also implement the presentation, including setting up any specialty equipment required for the project.
- A multimedia designer is also involved in integrating audio, graphics, animation and video into presentation for DVDs, CDs, television programs and websites. They work for advertising television stations, agencies, web development companies and other media companies that develops multimedia presentations.
- They create digital images for the purpose of animation and enhance the quality of the images.
- Transferring files (audio/video) to be edited and manipulated digitally is also done by the multimedia designer.
- They also have a great part in entertainment especially in video games because they create artworks to be used in video games.
- They also use computer software in creating animated sequences.
Work Conditions of a Multimedia Designer
The working environment of a multimedia designer is generally office or studio-based, with many designers working from home. Some of them are consultants and perform contract work as and when they are in need. Most of them choose to set up in their own companies.
Educational Requirements of a Multimedia Designer
Most of the entry-level multimedia design jobs require a bachelor’s degree in the field of graphic designing. To qualify a candidate for assistant or technical positions, one must associates degree or design certificate, which lead to more creative positions. The coursework must cover computer designing, art history, design principles, computer languages, web designing and graphic production. Portfolio is needed by the applicant to prove their creative and technical skills. The applicant must have an experience of one to three years that can be gained by college internships.
Occupation and Progress of a Multimedia Designer
A Multimedia designer with experience in Web designing and other interactive media will attain the most demand. The competition for available jobs will become intense because design careers can attract large number of designers that are talented and must compete for a limited number of positions.
Promotion to senior designer or studio manager is included in the career path to become a successful multimedia designer. Pay increase and more professional responsibility are the results in transferring between companies. They can also use their IT skills to shift into other related technical IT fields like computer programming, and applications development. No matter how big is the company you are working, commitment and hard work will always the key to achieve success. As time goes by, employment outlook on this job is expected to boost. So if you want to achieve your dreams, start your journey to the road to success, choose this spectacular career.