The key tasks of a copy writer includes writing advertisements for newspapers, magazines, radio, television, cinema screens, billboards, catalogues and displays in shops.
He also writes brochures, annual reports, documents, speeches and other sales and promotional material. He discusses theme, style and length of copy with advertisers or management, to determine the most suitable approach.
The Copy Writers must be able to do the following job functions:
- The copy writers establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
- The copy writers assist art directors with ideas for advertising and promotion, often thinking up names for products and the slogans that appear on the packaging and other promotional material.
- They plan and write headlines and text in such a way as to appeal to the people most likely to buy the product, and submit copy for approval.
- They contribute to the overall strategy development and implementation of the cart abandonment consumer offering.
Work Related Expectations:
- Copy writers work closely with the graphic designer to architect and implement the overall look and feel of the outbound consumer communications materials and website offering.
- Copy writers write all copy to support consumer communication efforts, develop unique, new concepts, and make every test count.
- Copy writers create copy templates for ongoing use in consumer communications.
- Copy writers look for efficiencies to improve speed to market for testing.