The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing book keeping duties in the maintenance and operation of account processing for all payable transactions for the business.
The accounts payable clerk performs all secretarial, informational and record keeping tasks appointed by the Payable Manager and ensures a timely submission of supporting documents for purchase transactions by the company with internal and external clients. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for maintaining records for all billable concerns that are carried out by the company, by its employees within all divisions.
The Accounts Payable Clerk must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for reviewing all submitted invoices and check pending requests for billable from all departments. The job requires a thorough understanding of corporate billing principles and will duly approve or reject request for billing, depending on the prescribed expenditure model for company reimbursement and employee entitlement.
- This job requires the candidate to sort and verify the authenticity of all submitted invoices as well as perform request follow ups for senior managers who have payable invoices pending approval from the Accounts Payable Manager. They will also setup all approved invoices and process check requests in lieu of banking schedules.
- The Accounts Payable clerk is accountable for all processing for accounts payable checking, corporate wire transfer authorization including ACH payments and banking transactions for all payables within the corporate structure with the exception and superseding authority of the Payable Manager.
Skills that Accounts Payable Clerk should posses:
- One to three of experience in payables operation and general accounting is required to qualify for the position.
- Accounts Payable Clerks should possess the necessary communication skills in both verbal and written aspects to properly entertain internal and external client requests for all account payables and financial exchange, mirroring the company’s professional image at all times.
Work Related Expectations:
- A Accounts Payable Clerk is expected work with a problem-solving oriented team and develop a professional relationship with other branches of the financial division, closely working with cost accounting and procurement.