Designs make a boring view into an interesting one. That is why banners, advertising billboards, signage, posters and flyers are designed to attract customers. Like in computers, especially in the internet, banners and ads are designed appropriately for the topic. Owners of these ads pay big bucks to the designers if they see the result of these ads. Because of this, you may want to consider being a junior designer. Yes, it is just an entry level, but everyone should start from the bottom right?
Interested? Let’s talk about more of its nature of work.
What is a Junior Designer?
A junior designer is someone who combines different sets of knowledge (art, communications and computer skills) to create visual media. These visual media include ads, campaign materials, banners, logos and the likes that represent a certain company or name and communicate to people.
Duties of a Junior Designer
- A junior designer is responsible for assisting senior designers to their task. They help senior designers in case the project is big and need a lot of workers. Since they only assist the senior designers, junior designers are given with tasks that are small. These tasks include simple or sometimes complex banner designing, advertisements designing and logo designing.
- One task that is given to junior designers is to come up with new designs. This task is given such that their imagination and creativity will be enhanced from the start. These two skills are much needed for this job.
- Junior designers also need to update existing ads and banners to maintain and gain interest from the people.
Work Condition of a Junior Designer
- Junior designers often work in an office. Sometimes, more than two junior designers headed by a senior designer work in the same office to incorporate the ideas easily.
- Junior designers spend most of their time in front of a computer, designing. But they also devote some of their time to do reports on their progress and such. They also entertain customers for requests and transactions.
Educational Requirements of a Junior Designer
- If one wants to be a junior designer, he or she should bear a bachelor’s degree in Arts (with knowledge in computer), Computer Science or any related field.
- Some employers prefer to hire candidates that finished or took up classes in Computer Graphics and such.
Occupation and Progress of a Junior Designer
- Junior designers often work for a company or corporation. They usually do their work with a team led by a senior designer. Some junior designers believe in their own skills and open up their own businesses. If one wants to progress in this job, he or she should build a better and bigger preparation in this field.
What one should always remember is that no matter how big is the company you are working for or no matter where one starts, hard work and commitment are always the keys to reaching success. Employment outlook on this job is expected to boost through the years. So if you want to start your journey to the road to success, choose this amazing career.