With the marketing industry emerging as a differentiator in the success of a service or product, job opportunities in the particular field have increased by bounds and leaps. The competition of various companies has grown drastically. Among the job profiles in the field of marketing, a marketing coordinator job is hailed to be of high importance in the marketing team.
What is a marketing coordinator?
Marketing Coordinators are professionals who manage a huge range in the process of marketing and projects. These professionals interact with product development, sales and departments of customer service in order to make sure that the communications and collaterals reflect the company brand accurately.
Duties of a marketing coordinator
- Marketing coordinators are expected to assist the company’s marketing team with different tasks like analysis in customer satisfaction, collateral development, sales programs, and development of product and service programs.
- A marketing coordinator has the capacity to do multitasking, possess a strong communication skills and a sound knowledge in the field of business.
- The marketing coordinators are responsible in assisting and delivering various marketing information immediately in behalf of the department in marketing.
- Marketing coordinators frequently interact with lots of people including consumers and department heads. A good interpersonal communication skill is a required skill of marketing coordinators other than skills in marketing production.
Condition of Work of a marketing coordinator
- Marketing coordinators work in well-ventilated offices and companies that manufacture various products. They may also travel to check for the products that are produced as well as to meet the needs of their consumers.
Educational requirements of a marketing coordinator
- In order to become a marketing coordinator, a bachelor’s degree in business and marketing is crucial in order to meet the goals and objectives of the company.
- Prior work experience in sales and marketing can also provide knowledge on business field and good comprehension which are important in assisting business strategies.
- A marketing coordinator requires multitasking skills as they mostly deal in stressful manufacturing situations. Some employers may provide on the job training for the appropriate candidate. However, companies differ on qualifications of candidates according to business needs.
Occupation and Progress of a marketing coordinator
Job employment for marketing coordinators is relatively high as their work is crucial in a marketing industry. Furthermore, their salary differs depending on work experience, employer type and educational qualifications. They can get an average wage as a marketing coordinator about US$34,000 up to US$50,000 according to the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics.