One of the most beautiful creations of our God is nature. He created it to make the world colorful and significant. We as humans are responsible for maintaining its beauty. We can notice that the ocean is one of the widest kinds of water. It’s a big task for us to take care of it. We can explore new things in the ocean like the aquatic and marine life which are very interesting to study. There are people who are assigned in this type of work. These people are the Ocean Engineers.
What is an Ocean Engineer?
An Ocean Engineer is a profession which focuses on the protection of the oceans and life under it, such as oil, natural gas and even oxygen. An Ocean Engineer usually goes with oceanographers, marine biologists, geologists and geophysicist. They conduct research and studies that help the ocean to be productive and to preserve its beauty for the next generations. They create projects that can help improve the oceans by applying new technologies. They observe if the environment and behavior can affect their project. They also study about the ocean’s impact to the environment.
Duties of an Ocean Engineer
- The job of an Ocean Engineer is really risky. They are responsible for giving importance to the oceans by treating its resources with significance.
- An Ocean Engineer is the one who plans projects that can be used by other members of the team involved in making the project.
- They design new devices for easy and fast transactions of the work. They also use alternative ways like ships, tunnels and other facilities.
- They analyze problems they encounter.
- When they have their new devices, they are responsible for testing its stability and quality.
- An Ocean Engineer is in charge of developing the new products they made. He/she ensures that the product they made can be very useful and has high quality if someone uses it.
- If in case the devices have damage, they are also responsible for fixing and repairing it.
- The devices needed must be maintained as it is. This is used every day by the oceanographers and marine biologist, so it’s the Ocean Engineer’s work to maintain it.
Work Condition of an Ocean Engineer
- An Ocean Engineer usually travels. This profession can be found in oceans maybe inside ships where they navigate and observe what new devices and ways they can do in improving and preserving the ocean.
- This profession needs a person who has the passion in working with the oceans. A person who wants to learn and discover new different behaviors of the bodies of water.
- They deal with problems engaging the oceans. They must be very particular in researching ever detail. They make new devices that can be useful to solve the problems like erosion, developing energy resources, ocean mining, offshore petroleum recovery, protecting ports, harbors and subsea pipelines.
Educational Requirements of an Ocean Engineer
- To become an Ocean Engineer you need to obtain a bachelor’s degree related to engineering. But particularly in the field of Oceans.
- Ocean engineering provides knowledge about the ocean environment and teach them methods of research such as analysis and designing.
- Experience is also required and very advantageous in this profession.
Occupation and Progress of an Ocean Engineer
This profession needs a determined person. A person who has the interest in exploring new things under water can be very successful in this field. Giving many explanations to the different problems and using new inventions is one of their tasks.
We all know that the job of an Ocean Engineer is multitasking and difficult. But despite this reason, you must think of the positive changes it brings when you reach the success of your discoveries.