Nowadays, there are many women who have pregnancy problems. One of the reasons is having a baby in an early age and this is what we call teenage pregnancy. Also, mothers on a right age also have problems in pregnancy like mothers having a dangerous illness that could greatly affect the baby or mothers having trouble giving birth. There are women who have a disease in their female reproductive system such as nonmenstrual vaginal bleeding, vulvovaginitis, ovarian tumors, and other more diseases. There are physicians who are studying this kind of diseases of a woman; they are the obstetrician and gynecologist.
What is an Obstetrician Gynecologist?
This is a kind of profession were they study about a woman’s health. These both treat, diagnose and help woman to prevent diseases especially female reproductive system disease. The obstetrician is a physician who specializes in the study of the pregnancy of a woman while the gynecologist is a physician who deals with the treatment of the diseases related to the female reproductive organ. This two is also called the OB-GYN, since obstetrician and gynecologist are both fields that are somehow related. They also detect sexually transmitted diseases and provide surgical or medical care to women, etc.
Duties of an Obstetrician Gynecologist
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist treat diseases and injuries of a woman’s reproductive organ and prescribe postnatal and prenatal care.
- They give an x-ray examination to their patients and also clinic laboratory test.
- They are the ones who prescribe the right drug, compresses and antibiotics that should be taken by the patient.
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist are the ones who make the plans and procedures in every operation. All patients depend on them so they should plan well.
- They are the ones who give the conduct papanicolaou screening to detect malignant and premalignant process in the ectocervix in order to prevent cervical cancer.
Work Condition of an Obstetrician Gynecologist
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist usually work in a general medical and surgical hospital, care centers, universities, institutes, government and offices of physicians.
- They should be pleasant. Because they usually work in a sterilized and clean environment.
- An Obstetrician and Gynecologist usually work long hours in medical care centers or hospitals. They should be always available when there is an emergency call. They should also be workaholic and hardworking.
Educational Requirements of an Obstetrician Gynecologist
To be an Obstetrician and Gynecologist you should obtain a bachelor’s degree in a medical course. You must also maintain a high grade. He/she should have knowledge related to the subjects like math, English, organic chemistry and also biology. He/she also should have a high score in the Medical College Admission Test because it is one of the standards to be an Obstetrician and Gynecologist. You must also undergo training in studying obstetrics and gynecology.
Occupation and Progress of an Obstetrician Gynecologist
Being an Obstetrician and Gynecologist are a difficult profession. There are a lot of things you should study when you enter this kind of profession. But many women can become healthier if you became a successful Obstetrician and Gynecologist.
Health is wealth for all people. Health is one of the important things a person must value. If you gain the trust of the community you can become successful. So if you care and if you want to help all women having problems in their reproductive system you should be Obstetrician and Gynecologist.