The event planners are not just planning for parties, as they deem much about the details, vision, organization and the means to pull off both big and small events without a glitch.
They can work on a freelance basis or for an event planning company, which is popular in wedding planning. The event planners are being hired by many nonprofit organizations and profit corporations, as part of their staffs.
The Event Planners must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- The event planners assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of the alumni association.
- They gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- They conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- They create and revised room layouts for each event.
- They propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- They serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- They assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- They prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- They close out all events as required.
Work Related Expectations:
Conference and Convention Planning
- The event planners must coordinate corporate meetings and conventions.
- They should arrange meals, travel, hotel accommodations and activities for the attendees.
- They should arrange multimedia equipment and room setup and sometimes help put together handouts for attendees.
- The event planners for a nonprofit fund-raising event are usually a hired staff member.
- They must work closely with the CEO and board members in brainstorming ideas for the event.
- They are responsible for implementing the program from start to finish.
- They should book the venue, advertise, invite attendees, order food, arrange activities, work with vendors and set up the event.
- They may need to solicit sponsorships from major donors.
- The event planners are required to have detailed planning.
- They should work closely with the couple.
- They must book the venue and church, plan the meal, and hire the entertainment and a photographer, help guests book their hotels, plan a schedule for the day and make sure everything goes smoothly.