In the past ten years colleges and universities have offered up several courses in field of Engineering. This means that with the generation of more technological systems in every industry, more Equipment Specialists are being hired. With complex systems being set up everyday, this profession is deemed more valuable than most positions in a company.
What is an Equipment Specialist?
An Equipment Specialist is a high qualified consultant for a particular type of machine or device or systems. He is an expert in the uses and functions of a particular machine or system in a manufacturing or industrial company.
Duties of an Equipment Specialist
- An Equipment Specialist certifies the maximum exploitation of a particular machine or system. He also measures the performance of a particular machine or system given a particular working circumstance.
- He manages the design and usability of a machine or system. An Equipment Specialist makes sure that a particular machine or system will function at its optimum level to achieve efficiency in terms of work load.
- He is an expert in the overall specification and design of a machine or system. He determines that the use of a particular machine will bring harm to no one and thereby promote safety in the work place.
- He also specializes in overall machine or system trouble shooting in terms of malfunction and breakdown.
Work condition of an Equipment Specialist
- An Equipment Specialist usually works for an industrial or manufacturing plantation. Numerous industrial and manufacturing companies are based in rural areas so he may be entailed to travel most of the time.
- He may head a group of technicians who specialize in the operation and construction of certain systems or machines.
Educational Requirements of an Equipment Specialist
- Being an Equipment Specialist is an intensive position because of complexities in the products that they handle. Most Equipment Specialists are licensed engineers in the field of chemistry, industrial management and physics.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is a must. Most industrial and manufacturing companies require even a Master’s Degree, depending on the type of systems or machines a specialist has to handle.
Occupation and Progress of an Equipment Specialist
Nowadays almost all of the leading first world countries are into creating large industrial and manufacturing edifices to be able to meet the world’s demand of commodities. More overseas companies are looking to hire equipment specialists for them to be able to deliver unstoppable services in the market. And because this is a skill-based profession, it entitles one to a higher compensation package. Even the third world countries are keeping up with the rise in the industrial boom. With the creation of inventions daily, the opportunity of an equipment specialist is also increasing. This profession becomes an indispensable position to a rising industrial or manufacturing company. Almost all business industries have a need for this type of profession. With hard work and determination, an Equipment Specialist may even be considered as a long time profession for an engineering graduate or for someone who has had a similar career.